1. I am beginning to think that the universe does not want me to own a Vita. After Amazon received my defective unit, I pre-ordered the new Borderlands 2 bundle. It was supposed to arrive today. But late last night I received an e-mail from Amazon telling me that it won’t ship until somewhere between mid-May and mid-June. Honestly, at this point I’d just give up and forget about it… except that I spent nearly $100 on a 32gb memory stick, and it’s loaded with some quality content, and I’d at least like to see some of it one day.
2. My rental copy of Mario Golf: World Tour for the 3DS arrived last night, and I’m sad to say it’s probably going back to Gamefly relatively soon. I adored the Mario Golf game for the DS, and played it endlessly, and loved nearly every minute of it. This… thing, on the other hand, feels so half-baked, utterly bland and devoid of content that one wonders why it kept getting delayed.
3. A rental copy of MLB 14: The Show will arrive later this week for the PS4. I’ve said this before, but it bears repeating: the MLB games are unparalleled in terms of presentation, gameplay and the overall experience. And I’m also terrible at them, at least as far as hitting is concerned. I’m excited for next-gen baseball – especially as I recently cut the cable cord and no longer have access to live sports – but I also know that this is probably a “try one game, be impressed while madly flailing at pitches far out of the strike zone, send back” sort of situation.
4. It would figure that the day after I sing Diablo 3‘s praises for an unprecedented run of incredible loot drops, I’d spend an hour or two and get nothing but crap. Still having fun, though! And having fun is all that matters.
5. Late yesterday afternoon I pitched a feature article to a site I’d very much like to write for, but I haven’t yet heard back. This is a little depressing, I guess, but in the meantime I’m going to start getting it into shape, and so if it doesn’t go up there, it’ll most likely end up either here or at Gamemoir. I’m not sure why I’m telling you this, except I always feel compelled to have 5 things in these numbered posts.