As far as I’m personally concerned, last night’s award show ended up a resounding success. I probably could’ve stood a little closer to the microphone during my award presentation, but hey – I didn’t fall down, I didn’t panic, I didn’t run screaming into the hallway.
Here’s a link to my segment (with some low audio, sorry!):
There was also an exclusive behind-the-scenes preview trailer shown for Bioshock Infinite: Burial At Sea Part 2; it was rather spoiler-heavy, so I’ll link to this Eurogamer trailer breakdown, in case you don’t want to get, you know, spoiled.
I was also tremendously grateful to be able to apologize in person to Kotaku’s Evan Narcisse for my disastrous Left 4 Dead performance from a million years ago.
Here are the winners from last night’s show. Looking over it now, I’m starting to wonder why I was so down on 2013 for most of the year; it turned out to be a rather stellar year. And I’m really starting to want to revisit The Last of Us again…
- Best Handheld Console Game: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
- Best Kids Game: Super Mario 3D World
- Best Writing in a Game: The Last of Us
- Best Mobile/iOS Game: Ridiculous Fishing
- Best Indie Game: Gone Home
- Best Music in a Game: Bioshock Infinite
- Best World: Grand Theft Auto V
- Best Overall Acting: Steven Ogg (Trevor), Grand Theft Auto V
- Best Game: The Last of Us