So I more or less did everything I said I was going to do on Friday.
- Played the Duke Nukem Forever demo. I sincerely hope it’s the same demo that was released at PAX, which would explain how… unfinished it looks. That said, it is what it is. And in a strange way, I kinda like how dated it is – it’s almost refreshing.
- Played the Infamous 2 demo, which also is what it is. In related news, I got my “Welcome Back to PSN” freebies, one of which was the original Infamous. Infamous 2 certainly looks better than the first one, which is no mean feat; the original looked great. The new game has been getting generally positive reviews, although nobody thinks it’s better than the original; I suppose I can live with that.
- Almost finished The Witcher 2 prologue; I’m done with the flashbacks and am now trying to escape from prison. I am wondering if I should bother staying with it, now that a 360 version has been officially announced; I know it won’t look any better than it currently does on my PC (and it looks phenomenal there, to be sure), but I’m hoping it’ll at least have a better tutorial system.
- Finished L.A. Noire – did both DLC missions, cleaned up a bunch of side missions, and also went back and 5-starred “The Golden Butterfly”, a Homicide case that I kept screwing up. Still not happy with how that mission works. ****MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD***** For one thing, I didn’t like either of the 2 suspects for the murder, but I had to choose one of them, and I’d kept choosing the husband (which kept resulting in a 2-star result). Cole Phelps is too much of a golden boy to deliberately choose the pedophile, especially since the pedophile clearly didn’t do it. There are way too many unanswered questions, also – certainly Cole should check out the pedophile’s workplace to see about the rope and the overalls? And considering what happens at the conclusion of the Homicide story arc, the whole thing just feels pointless.
- Inched my way forward in Dirt 3. Did a little bit more of the Outbreak multiplayer mode; goddamn, that’s fun.
Microsoft’s press conference is in less than an hour from the time of this writing, and major news is breaking on Twitter – Halo 4 and an HD remake of Halo CE being the biggest. I’m more or less done with the Halo franchise, but I suppose this is pretty big news all the same; I just hope it’s not the only big surprise.
Will post later today with impressions of the day’s keynotes.