1. Do not pre-order.
2. Don’t buy everything. Remember that you have an active Gamefly account.
3. It’s OK to not finish stuff. It’s OK to not start stuff. It’s OK to not want to feel like you’re wasting your time. Recall #1 and #2 above.
4. Don’t worry about “missing out on the conversation.” For starters, the conversation will be happening with or without you. Recall that at this very moment, the entire world has already seen Star Wars twice by this point, even if you’ve yet to see it once; there’s nothing to be done about it. For another thing, remember that you kinda hate Twitter. Take the necessary time to form your own thoughts and then put them into words and then leave it alone.
5. Write when you can write; read when you can read; listen when you can listen. Enjoy what you can, and don’t fret about what you can’t. Try not to be idle, unless you’re looking to achieve stillness, which is another matter entirely.
6. Set reasonable goals. You wanted to read 30 books in 2015, you ended up with 41. Don’t challenge yourself to read 45 books in 2016 when you already know that’s impossible.
7. GET BACK TO MAKING MUSIC AGAIN. Don’t procrastinate by playing games you’re not even enjoying. You like making music; you always have; if you need to fancy up the studio area, do it, but the work is the work is the work, and if you’re not working, there is no work.
8. Make regular doctor appointments.
9. Hug and kiss your family every day. Don’t go to bed angry. Communicate always.
10. Be good to yourself.