It’s nearly 5:00 pm and I’m only now getting over last night’s NyQuil haze. This doesn’t bode well for future winter-related headcolds, and I barely managed to put this thing together as it is:
1. I’d hoped to unveil a new feature today – the SFTC KILL COUNTER, which would be a running tally of how many people I’ve killed across all the games I play this year. Unfortunately, the PS4 version of Far Cry 4 doesn’t seem to have this sort of stat handy, and I wasn’t about to start keeping manual tabs on it as I played. So, then: know that if it did, I’d start up a widget post-haste. (Maybe it’s OK to wait on this, given that FC4 is, technically, a 2013 game.)
2. In lighter, non-virtual murder news, I’m finding myself surprisingly excited by the prospect of a new, current-gen Rock Band, and I’ll be even more excited if a new Rock Band works with my old, 360-era plastic instruments (and DLC, of course).
3. As much as I liked the idea of Borderlands, and as much as I liked the actual Borderlands 2 game (even as the Vita version was kinda shitty), I am not necessarily all that enthused about the forthcoming Borderlands HD remasters. I don’t need to play those games again. I’d rather wait for a completely new title.
4. I will not playing the Resident Evil REmake. I only barely touched the original game, and so there’s no nostalgic value for me to tap into.
5. I will be playing a little bit of the new Saints Row thing (on Xbox One). I don’t expect to get particularly far into it, given that I already finished SR4 on my PC; I skipped the PC version’s DLC (which, apparently, is just as well), and so I’m really just curious to see what it’s like on a console. I’m also curious to see if my current distaste for virtual murder can be alleviated by SR4’s completely batshit insanity.
On that note – and also to call back to #1 above – I’m still plugging away at Far Cry 4, doing some more sidequests, trying to finish my upgrades, etc. My opinions about that game have not changed, and the fact that I’m still going back to it is only indicative of the fact that there’s not much else holding my interest at the moment. The story is garbage, and the only saving grace to that game is that there’s so much else to do in spite of it. Is that a good thing?