Sorry, again, for the hiatus. Couldn’t be helped.
A quick rundown of the last few weeks:
1. Finished Mortal Kombat‘s story mode, albeit on Beginner difficulty. Shao Kahn is a jerk. It really is a fantastic game, and I really wish I was better at fighting games – or even really just gave a crap about the genre in general, because it’s an incredible experience and a great value.
2. Did as much damage with Virtua Tennis 4 as I was willing to do. It would be difficult to choose between VT4 and Top Spin 4 in terms of value, but if we’re just talking about the actual tennis, Top Spin cleans up and it’s not even close.
3. Put about an hour into Motorstorm Apocalypse, in spite of the PSN being down. Big fat “meh”, is all I have to say. I’d rather play Split/Second – which I ended up doing, at least for a little while.
4. Bought too many iPhone games:
- 100 Rogues (a rogue-like which was free for a day; haven’t touched it)
- Falling Fred (free; meh)
- Frisbee (free; meh)
- Coin Drop (.99; would rather play Peggle)
- Gears (beautiful, but got difficult very fast)
Still haven’t finished Sword & Sworcery; got hung up on a boss fight and haven’t come back to it, which is stupid.
5. Tonight is all about L.A. Noire; impressions will happen tomorrow.