In this week’s edition of What Are You Playing This Weekend, I find I don’t have a solid answer.
1. I gave up on Tiger Woods 12. I kinda feel stupid and sheepish about admitting it – it’s just a game, it’s not a big deal, I don’t know why I’m taking it so personally that (a) I gave up on it and (b) I hated it so much. But, I mean, look – I’m a grown man. I don’t have to play anything I don’t want to play, and if the putting game feels less of a reflection of my actual skill and more like a rubber-band AI cheat, and it’s going to cause me to throw my controller through a window, then I have every right to send the game back to Gamefly and not think about it ever again. It’s just a shame because the rest of it was really quite enjoyable, and I was kinda looking forward to spending some more quality time with it. Truth be told, I wouldn’t be surprised if I found myself renting it again. I’m so goddamned weak.
2. I had been looking forward to the impending release of Duke Nukem Forever – Amazon still had my pre-order listed as arriving on Tuesday, May 3rd. Alas, I’d forgotten that Gearbox had delayed it until June. In any event, I still might play a bit more Duke 3D on XBLA.
3. I’m also going to try and get the one last single-player achievement in Portal 2 that I haven’t gotten yet – Smash TV.
4. Maybe Steam has something on sale? I bought Metro 2033 last weekend and played the first 10 minutes or so. Very atmospheric; very Russian. I’m kinda itching to try Fallout New Vegas on the PC, also; I can’t explain where that particular itch is coming from.
5. I’ve got a TON of new-ish iPhone games to play: Sword & Sworcery, Gears, Zenonia 3.
And so: what are you playing this weekend?