>Okay, there are gonna be some changes around here. What this blog needs is some international flavour.
That’s right. I spelled flavour with a “u”. You see, up here in Canada, if the Queen tells me I have to include a “u” when I bitch about horse armour as paid DLC, well then I’m gonna do as Her Highness commands, God save the crazy ol’ broad.
So you know I’m in Canada. What else can I tell you? In a nutshell: I’m an old friend of Jervo’s, used to live with him in NYC, and have lived up here since I escaped the U.S. in an air balloon during the early years of the Bush presidency. I also sometimes play video games.
So for starters, let me try to give you a snapshot of Gred the gamer.
Systems owned and selected favoUrite games, off the top of my head:
- various PCs (Grim Fandango);
- Atari 2600 (multiplayer Maze Craze);
- ColecoVision (maybe Smurf, even though I now know it sucked?);
- NES (probly Zelda 2);
- Super NES (Act Raiser);
- Game Boy (Tetris);
- Genesis (I’m totally flaking);
- Turbo Grafx 16 (couldn’t tell ya);
- Nintendo 64 (Super Mario 64 (never played Ocarina of Time (I know!!!)));
- PlayStation (Syphon Filter);
- Dreamcast (NFL 2K series);
- Xbox (SW: KOTOR);
- Xbox 360 (Hannah Montana’s Terrorist Hunt);
- Nintendo DS (Puzzle Quest);
- PlayStation 3 (LittleBigPlanet).
Truth is, my favourite 360 pick is in flux, so I’m just not ready to commit right now. On we go:
Best Game Evar: Grim Fandango
Other honourable mentions: Battlefield 1942, Psychonauts, Stuff made by Valve, Front Page Sports Football series, the old Sierra adventure games
Recent crushes: Left 4 Dead, GTA IV, Portal, LittleBigPlanet, Bioshock… I guess, you know, the totally predictable this-gen hits. And also MLB 2008: The Show.
Favourite gaming podcasts: Joystiq, CAGcast, 1UP FM (and the late, great Game Theory, may it rest in peace)
So there’s a little background. Stay tuned! You never know when I might have a coherent though about something you’re interested it.